- Ex Machina, written by Brian K. Vaughan, art by Tony Harris. One of my favorite professors in college (who happened to teach the comics class I was lucky enough to take one semester) recommended this series quite a few times, but I still haven’t picked it up. I should probably fix that.
- Rat Queens, written by Kurtis J. Wiebe, art by Tess Fowler. I’ve heard this series has some amazing female characters and I’m completely here for more (and better written) females in comics.
- Lumberjanes, written by Noelle Stevenson and Grace Ellis, art by Brooke Allen. Another series with what seems to be really dynamic female characters. I also love the art for this series so much; it seems a lot of fun!
- The Fade Out, written by Ed Brubaker, art by Sean Philips. I absolutely love the covers of this series, and I’m really looking forward to the Hollywood film noir premise of it. I’ve also enjoyed previous Brubaker/Philips collaborations, so I’m hoping I’ll like this as well.
- Satellite Sam, written by Matt Fraction, art by Howard Chaykin. I’ve enjoyed all the titles I’ve picked up by Fraction, so far, which makes me really interested in reading more of his work. This seems quite a bit darker from Hawkeye and Sex Criminals, but darker can be good too.
Do you have any comic series that you want to start this year? I'm sure knowledge of awesome titles is spotty at best, so I'm always looking for more!
The Goodreads group for T5W (as well as the topics and the book bloggers and booktubers who participate) can be found here.