Wednesday, January 7, 2015

T5W: Anticipated 2015 Releases

In order to get into the habit of regularly updating a blog, I've decided to keep up with Top 5 Wednesdays. The Goodreads group for T5W (as well as the topics and the book bloggers and booktubers who participate) can be found here. Today's topic is my top 5 anticipated 2015 releases, so without further ado, here they are:

  1. Operation S.I.N. by Kathryn Immonen and Rich Ellis. The first issue of this title comes out today (there will be 5 issues total), but I’m so excited for it, I’m going to include it on my list anyway. Cold War spy stories are some of my favorite and with the amazing Peggy Carter as the lead, I’m completely sold. I was completely blown away from the first episode of Agent Carter yesterday, so I’m more than pumped to start reading this (while this does follow Peggy recovering Howard Stark’s stolen tech, I believe it’s quite separate from its MCU counterpart). The story is written by Kathryn Immonen, who wrote one of my favorite Captain America one-shot issues Captain America and the First Thirteen, and the sneak peaks of Rich Ellis’s art for this title look so incredible.
  2. Royal Wedding: Princess Diaries Volume XI by Meg Cabot. I (re)read my way through all of the Princess Diaries series last year in anticipation for this book. The Princess Diaries was one of the stories that prompted my first forays into fandom (as strange as that may seem) and was a super important series to me when I was in middle and high school. I can’t wait to read the series conclusion (I’m assuming?) and see what Mia’s been up to. And, of course, who could resist the lure of Michael Moscovitz?
  3. Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray. I read The Diviners last year around Halloween, and while I was totally late to that party, I’m actually super happy I waited that long to read it because it means less of a wait for this book. I’m usually not too big on supernaturally, paranormal type books, but the cast of characters in The Diviners completely had me hooked, and I eager to learn more about them (especially the ones that were more in the background of the first book). I also loved how real the 1920s aesthetic made everything feel, and I can’t wait to see how it continues to contribute to the believability factor of the story.
  4. Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger. I’ve enjoyed all of Kody Keplinger’s young adult books that I’ve read, so when she announced that she was coming out with a new book, set in the same universe, I immediately added it to my mental list. Based off the premise, I assume it’s going to deal quite a bit with online vs. offline identities, and I’m so down for that, especially combined with Kody Keplinger’s fun writing style.
  5. Fairest and Winter by Marissa Meyer. I actually haven’t finished reading Cress yet (despite starting it in the first half of last year), but I love the world-building and the whole cast of characters, so I’m looking forward to see how both are furthered in the prequel as well as the conclusion to the series.
What books are you most looking forward to this year? Are they based heavily on favorite past reads (like mine are)? Or are you looking to branch out with debut authors?

No comments:

Post a Comment