Saturday, January 10, 2015

Better late than never?

I initially wasn’t going to make a list of New Year’s resolutions because, by the end of the year (or the end of the month), something has always gone by the wayside. But I like making lists; it’s sort of my thing, so I’m going to make one anyway. Here are some things I’m hoping to accomplish this year; I have 5 goals that are reading related and then a few that have to do with crafting.
  1. Create and regularly update a blog. Well, I’ve already halfway checked the box in making this blog, but actually maintaining it will be a challenge. I’m hoping to keep up with the Top 5 Wednesday topics every week, along with book, comic, television, and movie reviews every so often.
  2. Read 75 books. This was my Goodreads goal last year, and I ended up reading 139 books (plus a few audiobooks I forgot to track). While I almost doubled my book goal last year, I want to keep the same goal number this year because I’m hoping for a few changes in my personal life later on in the year that might affect how much I’m able to read.
  3. Catch up on Marvel NOW! titles. Ever since I subscribed to Marvel Unlimited last year, this has been a background goal of mine. I’m caught up on a few titles: Black Widow, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, and Young Avengers, but I really want to gain a better understanding of other current Marvel titles. I’m reading them as they came out as opposed to reading straight through specific titles. Currently, I’m on the April 2013 issues.
  4. Finish Fables. Fables, right now, is about 3 issues away from being finished, so this year is the year I really want to focus on finishing the series. I’m 25 issues in, so we’ll see how this goes, especially paired with my heavy Marvel reading.
  5. Go through my physical book collection and donate the ones I don’t want. Besides select comics and graphic novels, I do the majority of my reading digitally now. Most of my books are actually in boxes right now between a house move and college), so I want to go through them and really minimize my physical collection.
  6. Design teddy bear and plushie patterns. I received a sewing machine as a Christmas gift, so I really want to put it to use making adorable plushies for my Etsy store.
  7. Have a table at a local con or craft fair. I’m hoping to have a table at 221B Con, an Atlanta-based Sherlock Holmes convention this April (I started my Etsy store last year crocheting BBC Sherlock inspired dolls), but even if I don’t get a table there, I want to look into having a table at the Marietta Square craft fairs this spring.
  8. Make Peggy Carter cosplays for Dragon Con. I’ve done so many cosplays over the last few years, but I haven’t constructed a costume from scratch. I’m hoping to make two Peggy outfits to wear at Dragon Con this September.

No comments:

Post a Comment