- Create and regularly update a blog. Well, I’ve already halfway checked the box in making this blog, but actually maintaining it will be a challenge. I’m hoping to keep up with the Top 5 Wednesday topics every week, along with book, comic, television, and movie reviews every so often.
- Read 75 books. This was my Goodreads goal last year, and I ended up reading 139 books (plus a few audiobooks I forgot to track). While I almost doubled my book goal last year, I want to keep the same goal number this year because I’m hoping for a few changes in my personal life later on in the year that might affect how much I’m able to read.
- Catch up on Marvel NOW! titles. Ever since I subscribed to Marvel Unlimited last year, this has been a background goal of mine. I’m caught up on a few titles: Black Widow, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, and Young Avengers, but I really want to gain a better understanding of other current Marvel titles. I’m reading them as they came out as opposed to reading straight through specific titles. Currently, I’m on the April 2013 issues.
- Finish Fables. Fables, right now, is about 3 issues away from being finished, so this year is the year I really want to focus on finishing the series. I’m 25 issues in, so we’ll see how this goes, especially paired with my heavy Marvel reading.
- Go through my physical book collection and donate the ones I don’t want. Besides select comics and graphic novels, I do the majority of my reading digitally now. Most of my books are actually in boxes right now between a house move and college), so I want to go through them and really minimize my physical collection.
- Design teddy bear and plushie patterns. I received a sewing machine as a Christmas gift, so I really want to put it to use making adorable plushies for my Etsy store.
- Have a table at a local con or craft fair. I’m hoping to have a table at 221B Con, an Atlanta-based Sherlock Holmes convention this April (I started my Etsy store last year crocheting BBC Sherlock inspired dolls), but even if I don’t get a table there, I want to look into having a table at the Marietta Square craft fairs this spring.
- Make Peggy Carter cosplays for Dragon Con. I’ve done so many cosplays over the last few years, but I haven’t constructed a costume from scratch. I’m hoping to make two Peggy outfits to wear at Dragon Con this September.
Saturday, January 10, 2015
Better late than never?
I initially wasn’t going to make a list of New Year’s resolutions because, by the end of the year (or the end of the month), something has always gone by the wayside. But I like making lists; it’s sort of my thing, so I’m going to make one anyway. Here are some things I’m hoping to accomplish this year; I have 5 goals that are reading related and then a few that have to do with crafting.